Duncan Webb wrote:
> TC Wan wrote:
>>

>> Duncan Webb wrote:

>>> I had similar problems, it I understand you correctly, with TV sound and
>>> the nforce4 chipset, I tried all these setting
>>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV       = 'alsa:mmap:device=hw=0.0'
>>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV       = 'alsa:noblock:device=hw=0.0'
>>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV       = 'alsa:device=hw=0.0'
>> My MB is an ASUS A7S333 (SiS chipset + Duron 1 GHz CPU), with FlyVideo
>> FlyTV Prime34 (SAA7134-based).
>>> The last one worked, looking at the wiki page you posted, I think that
>>> your set-up should be similar.
>>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV       = 'alsa:device=hw=1.0' may work.
>>> IIRC I have applied a patch to 1.6 to use MPLAYER_AO_DEV for TV sound.
>> Was MPLAYER_AO_DEV honored before this patch was committed? I tried
>> using a standalone script for testing, as well as messing with
>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV, neither worked.

I will have to fix this, it should use the video groups adev and not
MPLAYER_AO_DEV. Because mplayer has different options depending on the mrl.

Will you submit a bug report.

>> I think the syntax should be 'alsa:adevice=hw.1,0'
>
> This is correct for alsa's aplay and arecord but not for mplayer.

Talking out of my hat, your correct is should be 'alsa:adevice=hw.1,0'

I have a pinnacle 110i card which is a saa7134 based card so I can test
the results.

the command line:
mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:freq=211.000:device=/dev/video2:alsa:\
adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:volume=100:immediatemode=0:norm=PAL

worked just fine.