Duncan Webb wrote:
>> TC Wan wrote:

>>> My MB is an ASUS A7S333 (SiS chipset + Duron 1 GHz CPU), with FlyVideo
>>> FlyTV Prime34 (SAA7134-based).
>>> Was MPLAYER_AO_DEV honored before this patch was committed? I tried
>>> using a standalone script for testing, as well as messing with
>>> MPLAYER_AO_DEV, neither worked.
>
> I will have to fix this, it should use the video groups adev and not
> MPLAYER_AO_DEV. Because mplayer has different options depending on the mrl.
>
> Will you submit a bug report.
>
>>> I think the syntax should be 'alsa:adevice=hw.1,0'
>> This is correct for alsa's aplay and arecord but not for mplayer.
>
> Talking out of my hat, your correct is should be 'alsa:adevice=hw.1,0'
>
> I have a pinnacle 110i card which is a saa7134 based card so I can test
> the results.
>
> the command line:
> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:freq=211.000:device=/dev/video2:alsa:\
> adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:volume=100:immediatemode=0:norm=PAL
>
> worked just fine.

In rel-1-6 r8457 I have changed tv/plugins/mplayer and config. The
changes are so that when a VideoGroup has been defined and the adev is
not None then it will pass the adev settings to mplayer. adev is not
used anywhere else so the impact is low.

*But can everybody test it*, I'm not sure how this will work in all cases.

CONTROL_ALL_AUDIO = 0
MPLAYER_AO_DEV = 'alsa'
# video groups
VIDEO_GROUPS = [
    VideoGroup(vdev = '/dev/video2',
        adev =
'alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:audiorate=32000:forceaudio:immediatemode=0',
        input_type = 'tuner',
        input_num = 0,
        tuner_norm = CONF.tv,
        tuner_chanlist = CONF.chanlist,
        desc = 'Pinnacle 110i Group',
        group_type = 'bttv',
        record_group = None),
]

Don't copy and paste this verbatim as my video device may be different
from yours.

Duncan