On 7/9/07, Tanja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use dvb for recording and thus have a line like the following in my
> local_conf.py:
> VCR_CMD = CONF.mplayer + ' -dumpstream -dumpfile %(filename)s
> "dvb://%(channel)s"'
> This was working good all the time, until the introduction of subprocess
> in childapp.py. The problems are the quotes!

Of course, makes sense.

> After some testing around I found that the following is not working:
> import subprocess
> cmd = ['/usr/bin/mplayer', '"dvb://DAS ERSTE"']
> subprocess.Popen(cmd)
>
> but this works:
> import subprocess
> cmd = ['/usr/bin/mplayer', 'dvb://DAS ERSTE']
> subprocess.Popen(cmd)

Yup.

> Thus to make it short, the following line in local_conf.py works
> perfectly:
> VCR_CMD = CONF.mplayer + ' -dumpstream -dumpfile %(filename)s
> dvb://%(channel)s'
> Just remove the quotes around the last block of the command.
> I hope that this won't break anything else!

It's a little odd to me that we've got a shell like line in the
config, but then that's split out somehow into a command & arguments
list.

Presumably the splitting is done on whitespace *before* the argument
substitution? Would it be worth changing VCR_CMD to support a list
which gets passed straight through?

Cheers,

Andrew

--