Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 07:17:18 schrieb Duncan Webb:
> Not being a sys admin, I must look up the cron command syntax every time :)

Yeah, and if some fields are optional, it becomes really ambiguous ("In the
face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.").

> May be the name CronTimer is misleading as cron stands for "Command Run
> On" so perhaps it should be called TimerAt or AtTimer.

+1

> The problem with string arguments as they are relatively difficult to
> parse, using **kwargs providing a dict object may be simpler to implement
> from both the caller and callee sides.

I also prefer kwargs.  However, I wondered about your double (()), and I agree
with Jason that a single timer per object simplifies things.  Rember the Zen:

[...]
Simple is better than complex.
[...]
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
[...]

:-)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/