Duncan Webb wrote:
> Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> Duncan Webb wrote:
>>> This mostly works, at least I haven't found any plug-ins that are
>>> broken.
>>
>> It is kind of ugly because the stuff still uses the old poll code. In
>> the future plugisn should register the timer to kaa.notifier.
>
> I this all, just replace poll for timer?

Yes, the poll stuff is a very bad hack to make sure the plugin is
called from time to time. Instead of poll and poll_timer the plugin
can use kaa.notifier with a better control:

Call self.callme every 4 seconds
| t = kaa.notifier.Timer(self.callme)
| t.start(4)

To stop that later (which is impossible with the poll stuff), callme
can return False or somewhere else you can do t.stop(). You can
restart the timer later if you need to. Unlike poll(), you can have
more than one callback in a plugin, support timer for plugins that do
not have a poll function and even use OneShotTimer if you want to do
something later.

Save time... see it my way.