Duncan Webb wrote:
>> Dirk Meyer wrote:

>>> What does not work? Well, yes, the recordserver uses the twisted
>>> mainloop and Freevo uses kaa.notifier. That sounds like a problem. But
>>> don't you want to get rid of twisted anyway?
>> I found this one today, it is the subscribe function in rc.py had gone,
>> adding it back the recordserver works. Not sure it this was intentional
>> or not.

>>> The kaa.notifier event code is similar to the one in Freevo and does
>>> not pass events to other processes. For IPC you could take a look at
>>> kaa.rpc in kaa.base.
>
> I have a little bit of a problem with the recordserver not getting
> events from it's plug-ins. The problem is that kaa.notifier.loop() and
> app.run() don't return so I can't have both in a program, can I?
>
> So I would like your advise on how to handle this. Do I need to create a
> thread to do this, beat up the recordserver to use kaa.rpc or is there
> another option?

Forget this question, it is very easy to apply kaa.rpc to the recordserver.

Does kaa.notifier.Timer have an 'at' function so that something can be
run at a specific interval? The recordserver runs its loop at the top of
the minute so a function like Timer(handler).at('*:00') would be very
useful. This could be extended to run every hour at 15 minutes past
using Timer(handler).at('*:15:00'). If you see what I mean.

Duncan