On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Jason Tackaberry <t...@urandom.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 13:23 +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> I have problems getting vsync on my external monitor, but the clutter
>> test app worked well with 1080p video.
>
> And, I forget, did you have GMA 900 or 950?
>
> Jason.

 I have not done any testing on 2 yet, but my currently very reliable
Freevo system runs standard def. TV just fine on 2gz single core box
with little overhead. I really hope that Freevo 2 is not going to
suddenly double the CPU requirements just to watch standard def TV.,
HD I can quite understand as the HD stuff itself takes some grunt to
work with. Same really goes for everything else I watch. Making a
major hardware upgrade needed to go from 1.x to 2.x is going to hurt a
lot of users. I can see the problem of supporting lots of legacy
hardware, and upgrading a video card is not going to be to tough for
most people. But suddenly needing to upgrade the whole system will put
people off about the move to 2.x

Evan