Aubin Paul schrieb:

And yes, the menus do flicker a bit. Using dfbmga, I didn't find any possibility to control the flicker fixer yet... anybody?

Whatever it is, it's likely something to do with how SDL interacts with dfbmga... did you try setting the depth option in /etc/directfbrc? I don't know if it should matter...

Last thing is whether the flicker is whenever you press a button or
whenever the idlebar updates or just when you switch to playing a
movie or music...

The flicker I am experiencing seems to be solely caused by the interlaced picture, I didn't experience anything that is caused by unsynchronized redrawing, i.e. the flicker is there, no matter if there is any movement or animation on the screen.

Markus