joe,

have a look at the webvcr+ project ( http://webvcrplus.sourceforge.net/ )

it does everything you want it do plus a little more :P

if your looking for something that is more of a 'video' than a 'tv' then go webvcr+

cheers,

rohbags.

My recent trials with the recording aspect of Freevo has led me to the conclusion that in order to do *serious* recording within Freevo a better backend will be needed. I know one of the goals of Freevo is to build an out-of-box application, but for those of us yearning for reoccuring schedules, etc. I think something more advanced is needed.

I think I'm going to build something with a MySQL backend that allows
people to always record a show at a specific time on specific days. My
thinking is that this will require Apache+MySQL along with a scripting
language (I'm proficient in PHP so I may go that route) - this side
project would also require a alternate plugin for scheduling shows that
put data into the MySQL database instead of the current flat file
structure.

Any other ideas? I'm interested in being able to schedule shows that are
on every day (Seinfeld for instance) without having to schedule them each
morning when I wake up, which is how it currently works with Freevo AFAIK.

--Joe

--
Joe Stump <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.joestump.net