[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi list,
> I wished to know how can I modify freevo to use xine player to open certain
> filetypes, for example .ogm files. It can be useful because of xine better
> interface to the user, like the ability to switch languages for audio and
> subtitle on the fly.
> I've seen that this is already possible for VCD, so it shouldn't be that much
> of a problem adding a possibility for other filetypes.

For Freevo 1.4: you can't use xine for anything except dvd and
vcd. For current cvs, you could remove ogm from the list of files
mplayer can play so freevo will select xine. Or make xine the default
player.

> By the way, why is it that xine is not the default player?

Because mplayer is more powerfull to control on the command line. And
for historic reasons.

Dischi

--
Time is a drug.  Too much of it kills you.
  -- in Small Gods (Terry Pratchett)