Monday, December 1, 2003, 3:18:47 PM, Dirk wrote:

> xine should be started with --no-lirc and --stdctrl. With that, Freevo
> uses lirc and sends commands to xine.

Ok at fist i enabled this with the XINE_COMMAND = variable but found
out it is hardcoded. ;-) So i was already running with --no-lirc and
--stdctrl enabled. But there is something going on what i can't understand.

See http://members.home.nl/r.winder/xine  for logs.

Basicly lirc xine with DVD works ok but lirc events and avi files doesn't
seem to cooperate. Commands passed on to xine are fine and control is
given to freevo but there seem to be no eventhandler active for the lirc
events. I see some rc.set_context('video') stuff in mplayer.py and i wonder if
that has something do with it. Thinking out loud here, so bare with me.

> If you use X, it should work. If you use fbxine, I made a patch
> yesterday and send it to the xine people. It's not in cvs, I expect it
> there in about 3 days. I attached the patch in this mail in case you
> want to try it.

Is working now, thanks.

>> * Why doesn't recursive/random play work for images or must this be
>> done manually with playlists ?

> It should work in current cvs -- maybe too good. If I read the code
> correctly, it will always add all media. So it may happen that the
> audio playlist conatins an image. I will fix that.

well not for me when i select play all/random/recursive there is no
'slideshow'. And this is with current cvs from a few ours ago.