On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 08:14, Mick wrote:
> >     mount it 'sync' and 'noatime', also.
> >
> OK, I've read the man pages on mount and I'm not sure what these to do
> to USB FS's.
>
> sync is related to I/O control, I gather that, but is is faster? Slower?
> Varified?

OK, according to google its alot slower.. Supermount is looking like the
'fastest' way to acheive the same/similar results.  Only, its another
patch to a kernel on a headless box, So i'm not to keen to do it till I
have to..

I think I'll stick to using the nice simple usb.py hack I send to the
devel list a few days back..  Does anyone want me to sent a patch?  It
just adds a 'script to run when device removed' option.

Mick