Thanks for your help robert, at least nw the menu bit can work.. which
is the most important from an end users perspective.. I can always short
cut the mounting side of things with the usb.py plugin i sent to the
devel list.  It adds an option for a command to issue when a particular
device disapeear..  (so unmount also..)

Mick