> Would noad bring anything more than what I have already implemented? My
> system works with AVIs also, actually with whatever that mplayer can
> read.

Matthieu

Do you know mythtv does it? I agree if it can be done with avi's also, then
this is should be the way, many users will be using avi's for a ling time to
come... the real issue is devlopeing a GUI to select the scenes you want to
keep.

How reliable is your system?  It really doesn't matter if you tools find
"too many" black frames, but it's when they miss them that it becomes a
usablility issue.

You also mentioned in the past issues with the EDL frames being off
slightly, what is the repercusions of this in terms of cutting permanent
video out?  Do you think there is any way to fix this or doesit somply not
matter?

Mick