On Thu 08.07.2004 at 03:27:37PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Matthieu Weber wrote:
> >> So basicly we need someone with some free time: take a ts, pes,
> >> mpeg. Find all i-frames -> put the iframe in the analyse part of noad
> >> and store the result as mplayer EDL or chapter information for Freevo.
> >>
> >> So much to do, so less time :-(
> >
> > Would noad bring anything more than what I have already implemented? My
> > system works with AVIs also, actually with whatever that mplayer can
> > read.
>
> noad's main feature is not black frame detection. The main feature is
> logo detection. The station logo isn't shown in the ads.

No, but at least on some channels, it disappears before the ads start (a
couple of seconds), so it's not as accurate as black frames IMHO, but
they could complement eachother, though.

BTW, MythTV also has an ad remover, it might be interesting to take a
look at it?

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  ( ? )