Hi, one thing about Freevo is that there are many ways to achieve the same result. Based on the articles in the Wiki and a good price on the card, I purchased a Matrox G400. I have a good Freevo setup for a standalone Media Centre style box, but moving it to a completely monitor/keyboard/mouse free set-up is giving me some grief. I have followed the articles in the Wiki to get TV out, I use the mga drivers from the Mplayer source with good results, but I find I am unable to tweak the configuration to my satisfaction. Some of this is outside the scope of the Freevo project, but hopefully someone who has a nice standalone solution can offer some most welcome words of wisdom.

I will step through my ‘niggles’

  1. I use lilo to boot the system, which initially outputs to the TV when it is connected to the composite connection on the second head of the G400. As the kernel output starts, this only appears on the monitor. I was looking at the nice bootspalsh solution in the skins section, but if I only had the TV connected, my current configuration would not show this.

  1. I have the commands to enable TV out in my rc.local as per the Wiki. When executed, I have the TV output back with no output on the monitor.

  1. When I start Freevo, I get output to both the monitor and the TV. Okay, I could disconnect the monitor and achieve what I am after, but I still don’t get what is going on and I would like to understand it.

I would love to be able to contribute to the Wiki, but the bits are not quite gelling together for me to feel confident about doing this. Any help or suggestions to overcome the above issues would be very much appreciated, as would any other suggestions or comments regarding a standalone project. Has anyone used a microdrive in a project, and if so, how does it perform?

My box is based on Slackware 10.2 with Freevo 1.5.4.

Thanks in advance.