Evan,

You're definitely mistaken about smpeg being a requirement of pygame.  It's
an OPTIONAL dependency.  I've actually compiled pygame and am running Freevo
without smpeg.  Additionally, I'm 99.99% sure Numeric is also an OPTIONAL
dependency.  If Freevo doesn't use any of the functionality that Numberic
gives us (not sure how you would test for that), we need to definitely note
that in the wiki, or remove Numeric from the requirements section.

-Andrew