On 12/18/06, Elizabeth Dodd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Using mencoder to record my tv i have a variable lag for the audio. At the
> beginning it may be a few seconds behind and then appear to catch up later.
>
> I thought that the cpu load was to blame and reduced the recording video size
> but it doesn't seem to be any better.
>
> What else do i need to check?

Well.. I gave up and bought a DVB-T card.  THis way teh stream comes
interleaved.  I think there are some syncing problems which come from
some clocks on some sound cards.  I think CPU is a synching problem
source, and I think mencoder just struggles to record TV.

So, what is your mencoder command?

Have you tried dumping the stream to HD and encoding offline?  (this
takes big HD).

Are you recoding sound off the card directly or sound input through
the soundcard?

Mick