On Tue, 13 March, 2007 3:09 am, Tom Weichmann wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2007 02:01, Duncan Webb wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 March, 2007 5:46 am, Tom Weichmann wrote:
>>
>>> After an upgrade from SuSE 10.0 to 10.2, I have got some wierdness
>>> with mplayer.
>>>
>>> If I just do a 'mplayer /dev/video0'
>>>

>>> I get pretty good video., but if I use freevo, it changes the 4:3
>>> signal to something that looks like 16:0 and skips a lot.  Once I
>>> close sown freeo and do a 'mplayer /dev/video0' again, the ourput
>>> looks like the freevo output, 16:9ish and choppy.  Anyone have any
>>> ideas what might be causing this?
>>
>> Use http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/TroubleShooting to get
>> the mplayer command line and post this.
>>
>> Duncan
>>

> Thanks Duncan, I should have thought of that before:

np

> /usr/bin/mplayer -vo xv,sdl,x11,  -ao sdl -autosync
> 100 -nolirc -nojoystick -autoq 100 -screenw 800 -screenh
> 600 -fs -slave -cache 8192 /dev/video0, poll=-1
>

> This should be the default, as I have not changed anything.

This looks ok. I would expect to see a -slave option, but this is the tv
module so may be not. As you're using X what is the default mode, 800x600
too? It's best to have the two matching.

I would change the MPLAYER_VO_DEV (display in freevo.conf) to either xv or
sdl, (x11 is a very poor driver)

Duncan