Hello everybody,
has someone experience to share about the use of vdr application inside freevo?

First of all, I have to install vdr, and use it through xine as output
device, because I only have a budget dvb-t hardware. So I have to
patch xine for it to recognize vdr mrl (as it is explained here:
http://vdr.bluox.org/wiki/index.php/Xine-plugin#Installation). This is
done without problems, because at http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/ I can
get the cvs versions of xine-lib and xine-ui that match the given
patch.

My problem is for me to install xine-lib and xine-ui after compilation !
How can I do that, knowing that I already had xine installed before on
my Ubuntu feisty, via apt-get. A simple : sudo make install do not
work (evident, otherwise I wouldn't have wrote this email :-)
I suppose that I should only uninstall xine, but I don't know which
package to remove.
Whatever I do, I have no success, my self compiled xine always crash,
either due to plugins not found, or core dumps, ... ! It is a mess,
and i need some help to continue.

I feel that my problem is the previous "footprint" induced by the
former xine (installed by apt-get), but I don't know how to circumvent
that.

Thanks for your advices.

LOUIS