I'll take a look at those files tonight ...

2007/6/13, Elizabeth Dodd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 09:24, Tommy Doucet wrote:
> I installed Freevo with urpmi packages on Mandriva 2007.1, after the
> installation was completed, I run freevo setup and freevo cache in a
> console. When I try to start freevo in a console, it changes resolution
> what supposed to, it freezes my mouse and the GUI is not appearing at
all,
> I must log off and log back in to get my mouse back working. In the logs
> got 3 errors, 2 about directory location ... (DIR_TV_RECORD and another
> one) and pylirc problems
>
> I run freevo on this hardware:
> ECS 741gx-m motherboard
> XP 2800+
> 512mb DDR
> FX 5200 TV-Out
> ATI TV Wonder PRO pci + Remote Wonder USB
> Maxtor 40gb hard drive
>
> My TV provider is StarChoice
>
> Thanks a lot
> Tom
Tom, I don't have the answer
but the guys here who can help will want to know exactly what the errors
say
and see local_conf.py and freevo.conf from /home/user/.freevo/

--
        There once was a man who went to a computer trade show.  Each day
as
he entered, the man told the guard at the door:
        "I am a great thief, renowned for my feats of shoplifting.  Be
forewarned, for this trade show shall not escape unplundered."
        This speech disturbed the guard greatly, because there were
millions
of dollars of computer equipment inside, so he watched the man carefully.
But the man merely wandered from booth to booth, humming quietly to
himself.
        When the man left, the guard took him aside and searched his
clothes,
but nothing was to be found.
        On the next day of the trade show, the man returned and chided the
guard saying: "I escaped with a vast booty yesterday, but today will be
even
better."  So the guard watched him ever more closely, but to no avail.
        On the final day of the trade show, the guard could restrain his
curiosity no longer. "Sir Thief," he said, "I am so perplexed, I cannot
live
in peace.  Please enlighten me.  What is it that you are stealing?"
        The man smiled.  "I am stealing ideas," he said.
                -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"