I don't know what has changed in my config, and therefore need I your help.
When my freevo is in the first menu, and that I close the dvd drive with a
commercial dvd in it, I expect the dvd to start playing with xine.
It did before, but not anymore.
In place, the freevo screen shows this information:
"
                      Piste1
                      8 min
                      8 Audiotracks
                      32 Subtitles
                      [<kaa.metadata.video.core.Chapter >, <kaa.metadata...
.
Lire le Titre 1
Lire le Titre 2
..
"

My first idea was that kaa was corrupted. I then grab from svn the last
version of kaa from freevo.sf.net, and "python setup.py install"ed it. This
had no influence.
I verified that xine was able to play dvd. It does it well, as well as
mplayer.
I verified that libdvdnav, libdvdcss and libdvdread are installed.
Except this error when starting "xine dvd://"
libdvdread: Could not open /dev/hdb1 with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/hdb1 for reading
libdvdread: Device /dev/hdb1 inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access

There is also a strange thing: in the xine GUI interface (that appears when
pressing "g") I see all plugins buttons in double, like this:
[vcd][vcd][dvd][dvb][dvb][cd][cd]
I launched synaptic and uninstall/reinstall xine-ui & libxine completely,
but without something better. Perhaps the problem reside in xine config
file?
What is your advice?
LOUIS