Again, thx you all for giving me information.
LOUIS

2007/7/2, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Duncan.
> I resolved my issue. The video.xine plugin was not activated anymore. I
> think this was due to a problem/bug inside live_pause plugin.

live tv is a different plug-in, not related to video.xine .

> My workaround
> is currently to put "plugin.activate('video.xine')" inside local_conf.py
> file.

IIRC plugin.activate('video.xine') should not be active by default and
putting this in local_conf.py is the correct place. I hope you leave
freevo_config.py alone otherwise updates, except svn update, overwrite
freevo_config.py.

> In fact, as xine plugin was not active (as it is normally by default),
> xine
> was never used, even when I forced it by choosing xine as my default
video
> player.

Glad you sorted this out.
Duncan

> There are several things to try
>> 1) Eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a specific
>> DVD, try several different DVDs. There are some DVDs that have been
>> messed up by the mastering as a sort of *ineffective* copy protection
>> system.
>>
>> 2) Try an audio CD and see if this plays.
>>
>> 3) Eliminate xine, set your preferred player to mplayer and see if this
>> changes anything.
>>
>> 4) If you can program a little bit of python look at the
>> src/plugins/rom_drives.py code where it handles the event
IDENTIFY_MEDIA