Pirlouwi wrote:
> I don't understand what is the role of kaa.metadata?
> Why is the dvd's not automatically started any more?
> Can someone give me an idea for me to search, because I don't what is
> broken: freevo? something in my distro? Kaa (although I already
> reinstalled it from svn source)

I would doubt that kaa would be causing this problem.

> 2007/6/26, Pirlouwi <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
>
>     I joined to this email the result of
>     # mminfo dvd://
>     and
>     # lsdvd
>     Thx for help
>     LOUIS
>
>     2007/6/26, John Molohan < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
>
>         Pirlouwi wrote:
>         > I have corrected my xine problem, by taking the last sources of
>         > xine-lib (117) and xine-ui (0995). Xine is working well now.
>         > But I still have the problem that freevo does not start the
>         playing of
>         > DVD anymore (see copy of freevo screen below)

>         >     When my freevo is in the first menu, and that I close the dvd
>         >     drive with a commercial dvd in it, I expect the dvd to start
>         >     playing with xine.
>         >     It did before, but not anymore.

There are several things to try
1) Eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a specific
DVD, try several different DVDs. There are some DVDs that have been
messed up by the mastering as a sort of *ineffective* copy protection
system.

2) Try an audio CD and see if this plays.

3) Eliminate xine, set your preferred player to mplayer and see if this
changes anything.

4) If you can program a little bit of python look at the
src/plugins/rom_drives.py code where it handles the event IDENTIFY_MEDIA
and add print statements after each if statement and to check what
freevo is trying to do with the DVD. You will see that freevo is
checking audio first and then video. eg:

    if media.type == 'audio':
        # disc marked as audio, play everything
        print 'audio cd'
etc.

You can do the code changes in the site-packages/freevo directory and
then next time you upgrade they will be overwritten, should not be
overwritten when doing a python setup.py install unless rom_drives has
changed.

Duncan