wim delvaux wrote:
> Meanwhile i made a drastic reset (rm -rf of all files and checking out again).
>
> I noticed that libimlib2-dev was not installed.  Now freevo compiles and runs
> however ... Documentation !!!

Yes, documentation sucks, is out-of-date and so on.

> 1. where is the 'recordserver' and how do I start it.  freevo recordserver
> start does not work nor does there exist a freevo-recordserver.
>
> 2. Whats with tvdev tvserver ? which do I need and why and when

tvserver is the new recordserver. See README in the two directories
how to use it.

> 3. Webserver has no longer the facility to show the movie database nor is it
> able to stream movies over the web as 1.x

webserver is broken

> 4. I get a lot of syntax errors in my fxd (previously working and generated
> with fxdimdb.  the error is attr(length:min) not being int but what does that
> mean ? AFAIK there is no length attribute in any of my fxd's (grepped)

Maybe the fxd parser is broken. I did many changes and had not the
time to test all cases.

> 5. WIKI docs state I need a tv.channels array OTOH there is epg.mapper.
> WHich
> do I need how to they relate and in which conf file should I put them

epg.mapper is the correect one. In most cases the wiki is just out of
date.

Dischi

--
Mustrum Ridcully did a lot for rare species. For one thing, he kept them rare.

                         -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)