Thorsten Pferdekämper wrote:
> I have also had a look at gstreamer a while ago, but it seemed to be a huge
> amount of work to get that running with DVB-S etc.

It is much better now. We had a GSoC project improving the DVB code in
GStreamer. I have a small test file with not much lines of code that
records a whole program (incl. all audio languages and teletext). The
problem I have right now is that there is a deadlock on stop somewhere
we can not find. So there is much going on in that area.

>> > ...where I have found out that these are not unique. In my channels.conf,
>> > some of them appear twice with different data. There are service numbers
>> > and stuff like that which seem to be more reliable.
>>
>> So we use service numbers or a list of possible names. E.g. both 'Das
>> Erste' and 'Das Erste RB' match on ard.de.
>
> I don't know exactly. There could be a problem with the "regionalprogramme"
> which only differ at certain times. While these are running, "Das Erste"
> and "Das Erste RB" might me something different.

Yes, that is true. There is one small difference every day. This is
something a global grabber does not know.

>> > Thinking DVB-T, this makes sense. With DVB-S it's a bit different...   My
>> > Astra 19.2E list contains Germany, UK, France, Luxemburg, Switzerland,
>> > Austria,...
>>
>> Right, that makes it more difficult and a script like yours may be
>> needed. In that case we need a list of lanuages the user can
>> understand.
> Yes, this is something my script can do. However, there is a slight problem.
> E.g. "Arte" delivers two audio streams: a french one and a german one. You
> can see this by...
>       scan -o pids ...
> You might also see that the french audio channel is listed before the german
> one. This causes the normal channel.conf only to have the french one and
> (because of this) mplayer only being able to play the french channel, while I
> would like to hear the german one.

Like I wrote above: better record the whole channel. Soenke had the
problem once that the German audio pid suddenly changed to 'German for
blind' with someone talking in the background what you see. The normal
German audio channel was on a new pid. This sucks and can only be
avoided if we record everything and choose later.

Dischi

--
Don't play stupid with me - I'm better at it!