On Monday 25 February 2008, Jim Duda wrote:
>  Christian,
>
>  The HDMI port is "digital", so, in theory provides a better signal,
> your mileage may vary.
>
>  It appear though that you at least have the the Xorg drivers working
> with the 3100? Do you simply use the XV driver?  Have you tried the
> XVMC driver too?

yes, xorg drivers are working fine. I had to go to debian unstable to
get it working. I´m using driver "auto" :-). Later today, when i get
home, i should try to explicit set xvmc driver. Anyway, I´m happy with
the current setup. The E6420 has sufficient cpu power to play
everything I have, including a h264 video.

>  Are you using the Digital Audio SPDIF port?

No... i dont have a place to plug it :-(

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

I will instruct my Legions of Terror in proper search techniques. In
particular, if they are searching for escapees and someone
shouts, "Quick! They went that way!", they must first ascertain the
identity of this helpful informant before dashing off in hot pursuit.
                        The Top Things I'd Do
                        If I Ever Became an Evil Overlord