El dom, 06-07-2008 a las 11:25 +0200, Duncan Webb escribió:
> My test environment is a P3 700MHz machine with a Matrox G400DH and
> framebuffer and it runs and plays videos just fine. I cannot see how on
> dual core machine you should be having problems with freevo playing videos.
>
> I wonder if X is causing part of the problem?
>
> Duncan

I have the same problem as Omry Yadan, but in different way. My
FreevoBox is an AMD Athlon64 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I'm trying to play smoothly HDTV content, 720p avc-1. My screen, DVI
connection, has a resolution 1280x1024.
X and mplayer has the same niceness, 0. Freevo gets around 5-15% while
playing. I've never thought as Omry Yadan, but if you are wondering
whats wrong you should know that he is not the only one.
While playing, fast moves makes mplayer get a lot of CPU but X too, so
there are 2 problems, if X needs more CPu than available then the screen
starts to have small freezes and flickering, and when the mplayer needs
more CPU than available the movie a/v desyncs until "fast moving" stops,
then I see like reforward hehe. But when I try this by cli way, plays
perfect.

Now I have overclocked the CPU 5% and it seems to play better.
Then I understood that my system maybe is not enough for 720p content
and I thought that maybe stream 720p like "server-live-decode to mpeg2
and freevobox plays, so all CPU usage is availabel for X".
A year ago, I had an AMD Athlon XP 2000@ and I have not see too much
difference.

I'm sorry about my english :P, I know it really sucks.