Hi!

I have many movie files (avi) with subtitles in more then one
language. I want to be able to choose the subtitle when I play a
movie. Even if there is one subtitle, I want to be able to choose to
use it or not.

As a first try I put together some dirty plugin so I will have an
extra item in the video item's submenu, where the available subtitles
will be used, and the choose one will be passed to mplayer by changing
the mplayer options. But this solution is ugly, and doesn't work for
videos with multiple files.

So I tried to use an fxd file, like this:

[...]
<video>
 <file id="p1">file.avi</file>
</video>
<variants>
 <variant>
   <part ref="p1">
     <subtitle>subtitle.txt</subtitle>
   </part>
 </variant>
</variants>
[...]

But when I select the movie (or when I want to enter the submenu) I
just get the message: "This directory is empty!". If I remove the
variants block, it works fine.... Btw I'm using version 1.8.1.

What can be the problem? Can someone give me a concrete movie fxd file
with multiple subtitle variants which works? Or any other solution to
my problem?

Thank you in advance!
/Pal Szasz