> the files should be named "amelie.cd1.[srt|sub|...]" else mplayer won't
> automatically load them. you could also include the video file together
> with the subtitle file in a matroska container. :)

But then it's not possible to autoload more then one subtitle (in
different languages) :-(
I have to continue to debug what's happening with the <variants> tag then ;-)

> you could also include the video file together
> with the subtitle file in a matroska container. :)

I have to stick with the AVI container: I will use the harddrive in an
external case with video player functionality. So when I'm travelling
I can just take the external case and plug it to a tv/monitor and use
the builtin player. When I'm home I connect to the computer via USB
and use freevo (since it's MUCH superior ;-)

/Pal Szasz