On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 20:18 +0100, Duncan Webb wrote:
> Personally, I don't mind making Python-2.5 a requirement. I wonder how
> many people are still using Python-2.4 as it can be a biggish task to
> migrate all the packages.

Biggish, although I think most recent distros take care of that without
too much fuss (by providing packages for multiple python versions).

I'm prepared now to begin using Python 2.5 features inside kaa.base and
make it a formal requirement unless there are no further arguments.
This new requirement will apply to svn shortly, and to the next release.

As kaa.base is a dependency for all kaa modules, this requirement then
applies to all modules under the kaa umbrella.  So dischi, we can start
using relative imports for kaa.metadata (and elsewhere, where desired).

Cheers,
Jason.