On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 23:50 +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> kaa.rpc and we want to rename one function there. I guess you also use
> kaa.Process which will be updated with a new API soon (that API requires
> 2.5).

Not just a new API, but semantic changes that might mean a
not-so-straightforward porting.  For example, you can now read() even if
the child process has exited.

... but now I just looked at the existing Process class, and saw there
is no read() method.  If you just attach to the 'read' signal, I'm
tempted to say things should work the same (except be less broken,
because IIRC the existing Process implementation has race conditions in
which output from the child maybe lost).

> IIRC kaa.base, kaa.imlib2, and kaa.metadata are the old modules working
> with 2.4. The others already require 2.5. For kaa.metadata relative
> imports would be nice, kaa.imlib2 does not need anything special.

With 2.5 as a requirement, bindings could use ctypes.  There's probably
no reason to change the existing bindings to ctypes though.