Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> We're moving into the HD era.  You need a more capable system to play HD
> content.  If HD content doesn't interest you and UI eye candy, Freevo
> 1.x will continue to be available for as long as Duncan is motivated to
> work on it.
>
> Supporting older hardware is a pain with increasingly diminishing
> returns.
>
> Cheers,
> Jason.
What sort of hardware are we talking about for Freevo 2? My old media
centre hardware has died (Via SP13000) so I am looking at getting a new
motherboard etc.

Now I have a VERY low profile case (40mm hight clearance internally) and
only space for 1 card... now as that slot will probably be a 2 tuner tv
card, I don't have any space free for a gfx card :)  (one of these
http://www.hipergroup.com/products.php?lv=4&cate=2&type=12&pid=128&action=Picture&w=1280&h=590

)

I was thinking about one of the new Atom 330 (dual core) motherboards as
these are supposed to be able to handle 720p and some 1080p content with
the latest playback drivers, but the graphics card is a very old GMA
950, would you expect that sort of system to cope with Freevo 2? I would
expect an atom system to be a very popular choice for a media centre
hardware, I certainly don't want to run a full power intel quad core
system in my lounge just to run a media centre (and I wouldn't want to
pay the power bill on such a system either!).