Point noted, so as time permits, I'll write up what I've done.

It will actually be useful for me, too, since I'd like to document my work
so that I can reproduce it when I need to.  I've taken a couple of runs at
this over the past year before losing interest each time, and it's annoying
to restart and have to rediscover solutions to problems I solved and
forgot....