john.molo...@gcd.ie said:
>> holes but it is not a hardened application. You will want to be sure
>> you are not running it as root if you are letting it talk to the
>> world.
>>
>> Evan
>>
>I'd like to think that goes without saying but maybe not!

Of course! However, seeing all the threads and forum posts on the net about the
right ways to start freevo, it really made me wonder. It seems the consensus is
to use the freevoboot thing, which (afaict) assumes interactive usage. I would
have thought that starting the deamons from the system's init scripts (dropping
privs, of course) was the natural thing to do.

/A