Ok, will do that when I get home tonight. I notice I can use the mplayer
pause fuction (pressing 'p' or 'spacebar' on the keyboard) will pause
livepause correctly, just not the remote.
When the remote sends the PAUSE command, does Freevo in turn send a 'p' to
mplayer if it is the player, or does it do the pause via the livepause app,
how does this work?

I will check my lircrc file to make sure I hav'nt turned key repeat on by
mistake on that button as well. However it does work correctly on Xine and
VLC.

Cheers,
bernie