Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having recently upgraded my AV receiver to one that accepts HDMI and
> does all the latest HD codecs, upgrading my PC to support HDMI output
> was the next step.
>
> It's sometimes unclear what works and what doesn't under Linux, so for
> those in a similar situation, I thought I'd let everyone know that the
> Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H works great under Linux.
>
> The video is Nvidia 9400GS, so of course Nvidia's binary drivers perform
> well.  Ethernet works with the forcedeth driver.  Firewire (which I use
> to change channels on my cable box) works with the standard ohci1394
> driver.

Great, thanks for all the info and patches. I had been considering an
ION (Nvidia 9400) system with HDMI output to my LCD tv but I was worried
about sound working properly. It is good to know it is almost there.

Does normal 2-channel from mp3 playback and mpeg-ts work over the HDMI
as well?

Cheers,

Steve.