On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, markus frei <markusf...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm having problems with freevo 1.9.0 (installed via the mint repositories)
> and mint 8 (KDE Version). I have configured the local_conf.py to remove the
> tv.mplayer plugin, and activated the tv.tvtime plugin. When I try to view TV,
> I get an error:
>
> "Cannot get TV plugin"
>

> The log file shows this:
>

> 2010-03-19 10:33:42,806 DEBUG    plugin.py (567): loading tv.plugins.tvtime
> as plugin tv.plugins.tvtime.PluginInterface
> failed to load plugin tv.tvtime
> start 'freevo plugins -l' to get a list of plugins
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/plugin.py", line 569, in __load_plugin__
>    exec('import %s' % module)
>  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/tvtime.py", line 41, in <module>
>    from xml.dom.ext.reader import Sax2
> ImportError: No module named ext.reader
>

> mplayer works, but I prefer tvtime because of the better picture quality.
> --

This is more likely an issue between Tvtime and your distro. TVtime
works quite nicely with 1.9. Now that being said, as John pointed out
it could very likely be a dependency issue. While Mint does dep
tracking this may be a case of "dependency hell". Does tvtime work
fine on it's own? What version of python is Mint shipping. Mint is
based on Karmic, but does alot of tweaks under the hood especially in
the area's that freevo touches.

Evan