On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 08:37 +0000, Adam Charrett wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 22:53 -0500, Jim Duda wrote:
> > On 02/12/2011 11:21 AM, Adam Charrett wrote:
> >

> > > Thanks, should be fixed now....
> >
> > Adam,
> >
> > Okay, LIRC remote is once again working ... and, audio/video sync is SOOOO
> > much better for me
> > with this change ....
> >
> > Once thing remaining.  Perhaps did you change some sensitivity with LIRC?
> > Like for example
> > with Repeat (or similiar).  Maybe I need to update my lirc.config or
> > something.  When I press
> > the MENU button now to go into a submenu, the submenu won't enter, but
> > instead, the video
> > starts playing.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jim
>
> Interesting, I've not used the lirc input (had a custom plugin that
> connected to an irman, yes I know lirc supports it - long story) anyway
> I thought the rather slap-dash behaviour was normal if odd.  I am now
> using it and its causing some annoyance at home.
> I wonder whether it the kaa.input.lirc code at fault here, I have to say
> I wasn't entirely sure what it was doing in some case. I'll try
> reworking the lirc plugin to not use kaa.input but still use the kaa
> framework.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

I've just remember, you could also try tweaking the new config var,
LIRC_KEY_REPEAT, this is a tuple containing time in seconds before the
first repeat and then time in seconds for subsequent repeats, this is
currently set to:
LIRC_KEY_REPEAT = (0.4, 0.2)
You could try upping those numbers to see if that helps.

Cheers

Adam