> By default (and if the python alsa bindings are installed) the alsa
> mixer is used now. If the python alsa bindings are not installed freevo
> will revert to trying the oss mixer plugin.
So, the alsa binidngs are well installed due to a dependecie.
I did not update to 1.9.2 yet, using just 1.9.0 of Maverick repo:
-> using the mixer plugin (thus doing noting and using the default) I
configured as followed:
AUDIO_DEVICE       = '/dev/snd/hwC0D0'
AUDIO_INPUT_DEVICE = '/dev/snd/hwC0D0'
MIXER_MAJOR_CTRL   = 'Master'
MIXER_MAJOR_MUTE_CTRL = 'Master'
MIXER_DEVICE          = '/dev/snd/controlC0'
MIXER_CONTROL_ALL     = 1
MIXER_VOLUME_MAX      = 100
MIXER_VOLUME_DEFAULT  = 60

I get an error messages like:
2011-03-06 21:49:53,237 WARNING  mixer.py (175): Cannot set mixer
"/dev/snd/controlC0" volume: [Errno 25] Unpassender IOCTL (I
/O-Control) für das Gerät
2011-03-06 21:49:53,237 WARNING  mixer.py (175): Cannot set mixer
"/dev/snd/controlC0" volume: [Errno 25] Unpassender IOCTL (I/O-Control) für
das Gerät

did I understand something wrong now? or what default alsa mixer meant you
above?

thanks for help
Andreas