Owen Densmore wrote:
> Now to the question to FRIAM:  Has anyone found a good environment
> for agent based modeling with "game-like" 3D realism and with modest
> libraries for collision detection, scene graphs and so on?

   Not specifically for agent-based modeling.  Some open source game
engines include:

This one looks interesting:

<http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/>

This one looks more suited to your purposes in as much as it is a Naval
Postgraduate School sponsored project - much more likely to support your
  needs, I would think:

<http://www.delta3d.org/>

This one seems very much game oriented, but it is mature:

<http://www.ogre3d.org/>

This is the only one I've played with and it seems quite capable:

<http://www.cubeengine.com/>

--
Ray Parks                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IDART Project Lead          Voice:505-844-4024