> Years ago at Sun I was a RedHat + Gnome user .. indeed in 2000-2002,
> it, on the Thinkpad hardware, had taken over SunLabs.  We even put it
> in our JavaCar and found it worked with most of the weird drivers we
> needed.

I'm sorry, I just saw this. You had a JavaCar? And it had weird drivers?

I hate to admit this but I know absolutely zip about setting up Linux.
I do all my development on my ssh account through my hosting company.
I'm too lazy to install Linux, too picky to develop under Windows, and
too broke to get a Mac. (Luckily I have a really great host, they
don't seem to have any objection to installing all kinds of weird Ruby
gems for me.)

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org