Gus,

As I was reading through the full Port Huron statement at
http://history.hanover.edu/courses/excerpts/111hur.html I was thinking, hmm,
maybe if we actually developed some of the distributed net tools we've been
talking about it could help. But then I cam across this passage near the end:

"Loneliness, estrangement, isolation describe the vast distance between man and
man today. These dominant tendencies cannot be overcome by better personnel
management, nor by improved gadgets, but only when a love of man overcomes the
idolatrous worship of things by man."

So I thought, ah, technology may not help...it's a bigger problem.

Then you write:
> There were even technohippies that believed that the new
> computers could really form a basis for communications and
> analysis--and this was pre-internet.

This made me think that maybe there is a technological angle...

In your opinion, where's the leverage for a group like ours? Is it what we can
offer in technological / ideological realm, or is it local political action?

-Steve