I'm currently at the TeraGrid '07 conference in Madison, WI (
http://www.union.wisc.edu/teragrid07/), and I took an opportunity at one of
the social gatherings last night to share some of the high points of this
thread with a few of the other conference attendees, mostly as a sanity
check for my own benefit.

When I mentioned that there were a few people on this list who felt that OO
methodologies were an impediment to ABM development rather than a benefit,
the general response was disbelief. In the words of one of my Pittsburgh
Supercomputer Center colleagues, "I can't believe any ABM practitioner would
feel that way.  OO and ABM fit each other like hand in glove."

But, I suppose it's our differences that continue to make things
interesting.

--Doug

--
Doug Roberts, RTI International