Nick,
I think I am beginning to get a glimmer of what you are complaining about. The wording of your definition is ambiguous. How about this one from Google: a geometric element that has position but no extension; "a point is defined by its coordinates"

I think you are arguing that since a point has a fixed position, it can't move.

The rest of us are talking about a particle (again with no extension) that is moving from one point to another.
-Roger