Doug/Orlando: Your response suggests that ignorance/stupid people are at the heart of the problem.

But that does not really explain why they are so easily lead! For example, why can't the Democrats have a Dept of Stupidity that figures out how to inspire to them? Don't forget, they were at one time "The Party Of The People". Can't they regain that?

The "Founding Fathers" weren't dummies but they lead the nation. Did they simply figure out how to appeal to The Ignorant?

I realize elitism is likely an issue, but certainly we should be able to speak to all?

    -- Owen