I guess I have to jump in, here.  With all you (non-specific ;-) smart
people slinging around the word "stupid" and calling all your friends,
relatives, neighbors, and countrymen stupid, it really tells us more
about the accusers than the accused, I think.

I think it would be much smarter of you to avoid prematurely concluding
that all these fellow humans are stupid and, rather, imagine yourselves
curious humans (perhaps even scientists?) and spend time actually trying
to figure out what's going on.

If Obama is elected, and (as expected) Democrats sweep the Senate and
retain the House, then I expect to see a virtually exact mirror of the
past 8 years.  Granted, we won't see blanket accusations of
anti-americanism for petty things like not wearing a flag lapel pin.
But we'll see the exact same herd mentality that causes such.  Instead,
we _may_ see accusations of anti-americanism if you maintain a healthy
skepticism for universal healthcare, heavy-handed financial regulation,
or whatever.

It would be more interesting (than calling people stupid) to consider
the dialectic and why we always seem to require polarization,
us-vs-them, two-party systems, in order to make our political decisions?
 What is it about dichotomy (usually false) that helps us cognitively?
... especially to make the transition from thought to action?