Peter-

This is an interesting proposal.  Having served on the editorial board of a number of medical publications, I agree that the peer review process tends to preserve the status quo.  The standard for an established author from a "reputable institution" may be, at least unconsciously, different from that used for a neophyte.  I like sending the paper without the authors listed.  I'm not sure about listing the reviewers on the published paper.

Russ

Russell S. Gonnering, MD, FACS, MMM, CPHQ