Douglas Roberts wrote:
What leads you to suspect that the CPU I/O noise is random? The noise generated by such comes from a chipset that operates at a given frequency, which is powered by an AC source running at another frequency, filtered through a power supply with capacitors, resistors, etc. with their own set of time constant responses..
Otherwise the effort is to reduce all noise, so presumably it is less difficult to let a certain of class of noise in. I believe what the PCMOS folks are going for are voltage variations on (fixed resistance) wires due to Brownian motion of electrons due to heat-- white noise. There's always plenty of heat.