In a similar vein, where, exactly, is the huge, classified secret regarding
the revelation that blowing up the Ningbo port in south-eastern China will
have a large negative impact on global trade.  Or that taking out an
anti-snake venom factory in Australia will have a significant impact on our
ability to treat snake bites?

Even More Cynically,

--Doug

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:04 AM, James Steiner <gregortr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Scholand, Andrew J <ajsc...@sandia.gov>wrote:
>
>> In February 2009 the State Department asked all US missions abroad to list
>> all installations whose loss could critically affect US national security.
>>
>> The list includes pipelines, communication and transport hubs.
>>

> Well, considering the tendency to slap "national security" and "classified"
> labels on everything, I'd expect the list also includes a fair number of
> vending machine suppliers and escort services.
>
> Cynically,
>
> ~~James

Doug Roberts
drobe...@rti.org